Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March/April 2013: The Book of McCausland

Chapter 11: REALLY!!??   Has it already been a year? It seems like it was just yesterday that I actually won the crown of Miss Gay Missouri America. If you ask me if it was all I dreamed it would be, I’d have to say it was more and then some! Being MGMA  has taken me to places that I’ve never been before and I will cherish this year for the rest of my life. When you wait for something as long as I did, trust me, it means so much more when you finally reach that goal. This 40th anniversary of MGMA is going to be  an amazing contest, all the contestants are worthy of wearing the crown. As I've said so many times before, I would like each of the contestants to come prepared to their fullest, because anything can happen, and as we all know, only one person can win MGM 2013.

Please, please, when you come to that interview, be professional and look your best, this should be an easy category because they only ask you questions about yourself – and who knows you better than you! Further, learn the administrative duties of MGMA, because you know there is at least a 75% chance that will be one of the questions. Lastly – and most importantly, just be you and be the dream you wish to achieve.

Each and every one of you has MGMA within your reach. If you want it half as much as I did, trust me, It will happen! Every point counts, to quote Vicki Valentino...."the scores are the scores!" I look forward to seeing each of you there, YES DREAMS DO COME TRUE!! Good luck girls and to quote RuPaul, " Don't (bleep) it up!”   I'll see you April 11th 12th and 13th at MCCGSL! 

Miss Gay Missouri 2013
Michelle McCausland 



March/April 2013: MGMA Board Newsletter

From the MGMA Alumni:

As you all prepare for the upcoming 40th Anniversary Miss Gay Missouri Pageant, I hope you’ve been thinking about your pageant strategy.  Pageant Strategy? What is that?  Strategy is defined as a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result. In this case, the specific goal is to be the next Miss Gay Missouri. So I ask, what is your pageant strategy? I know, I know, most of you will say your pageant strategy is to be consistent. Consistency wins pageants. Yes, that is correct, but you still need to have a pageant strategy. 

When I was competing, I always wanted to put my best foot forward and start with Male Interview. Male interview was always my best category. I figured if I could win the judges over with my interview, they would overlook some of my minor mistakes, if I had any, and give me the benefit of the doubt and score me well. So at orientation, I would listen to see what group had male interview first and try my hardest to get in that group, even if I had to switch with another contestant. So having Male Interview first followed by Talent and then the clothing categories was my pageant strategy.

So as you are looking over your evening gown with a fine tooth comb and rehearsing your talents for the umpteenth time, take a minute to stop and think about your pageant strategy. A good pageant strategy can result in an easy pageant victory.

Leon Braxton/Dieta Pepsi, MGMA 1991,
The Miss Gay Missouri, America Board of Directors

No comments:

Post a Comment